HEALTH & SAFETY 健康安全
General Work Facility 普通工作场所
• Facility is in overall clean and tidy condition with good maintenance.
• Workplace temperature is maintained at an acceptable level.
• Workplace is well ventilated and well lit.
• Noise level is acceptable.
• Sufficient number of restrooms at the facility.
• Restrooms are clean and properly stocked with supplies.
• Sufficient potable drinking water is available at the facility with testing periodically.
• Sanitary facilities for food preparation and storage are provided.
• There are special programs/ measures for pregnant women (e.g. non-hazardous or lighter work, extended breaks, etc).
Emergency Preparedness 应急准备
• There is a responsible person for facility's emergency preparedness and response programs, who can explain the facility's emergency preparedness and response programs as well as their own responsibilities.
• Fire service installation such as fire alarms, smoke detection system, fire sprinkler system are properly installed throughout the facility and regularly maintained.
• Firefighting equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire hose reels, fire hydrants are adequate for the nature of the facility's operations.
• Firefighting equipment is free from obstruction.
• Fire extinguishers are properly mounted/ fixed, fully maintained, clearly labeled throughout the facility.
• Employees are trained in the use of firefighting equipment and training records are kept.
• Legal required firefighting team with appropriate training are equipped in the facility sufficiently。
• There are a sufficient number of emergency evacuation exits at the facility.
• Emergency evacuation exit doors are clearly marked and unblocked.
• Emergency evacuation exit doors should not be locked during business hours.
• There is enough reasonable distance between facility emergency evacuation exits to allow people from different parts of the building to evacuate.
• The installation and design of all evacuation exit doors are in compliance with local law.
• Evacuation plans are posted throughout the production floors.
• Aisles, stairs and passageways are kept clear at all times.
• Fire protection facilities are inspected on a regular basis.
• Sufficient number of emergency lights is installed with backup battery.
• Stairways and emergency evacuation exits are equipped with handrails, where needed.
• Fire drill is conducted in the last 12 months or as required by law or by client specific requirement whichever is stricter.
在 12 个月内或按照法规和客户的特别要求中较严者开展消防演习。
• Employees involved in the control, clean-up and disposal of hazardous materials receive regular training on emergency response plans and actions and training records are maintained。
Occupational Injury 职业伤害
• First aid kits are sufficiently available and fully stocked with supplies in each workplace.
• Eyewash/shower stations with continuous water flow are provided at relevant hazardous chemical areas.
• Complete records are kept for work related injuries and accidents.
• For any work-related injuries in the past three years, the facility has performed investigations to determine root cause(s) and implement corrective actions.
• A process in place to provide medical treatment for injured or ill employees.
• The facility conducts regular occupational health examinations for employees when applicable.
• The facility has implemented a mechanism/program to identify, evaluate and control worker exposure to physically demanding work, such as manual handling, heavy lifting, highly repetitive tasks, and other physically demanding jobs to prevent work-related injuries.
Machine Safety 机械安全
• The facility has a machine safeguarding program.
• The responsible person has a clear understanding of applicable legal requirements and regulations for machine safety.
• The facility follows all local law requirements for machine registration, maintenance and inspection.
• Potentially dangerous parts are properly isolated, maintained and operated with proper machine safeguards.
• Machines and other potentially dangerous parts have emergency stop switches.
• Machine operators are all trained in safe operating procedures and training records are maintained.
• The use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks, safety gloves, earplugs, etc as required to control machine safety hazards, is provided to the employees for free.
• The facility monitors the employees to ensure the personal protective equipment (PPE) required to control machine safety hazards is correctly used.
Safety Hazard 安全危害
• The facility has implemented programs to identify, evaluate and control worker exposure to safety hazards.
• Special appliances such as boilers, unfired pressure vessels, and furnaces have been properly registered. Inspected and maintained.
• Electrical cords and outlets are in good condition.
• Special equipment operators are properly trained in safe operating procedures and licensed, where applicable.
• The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required to control safety hazards, is provided to the employees for free.
• The facility monitors the employees to ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) required to control safety hazards is correctly used.
• Production employees have a basic understanding of the workplace safety hazards, hazard control programs and safe work procedures.
• Gas cylinders are stored in a well-ventilated and in an adequate manner (upright and secured against fall).
• Facility is free from any notable cracks or abnormalities.
• Facility has the building permits and fire safety permits as per the legal requirement.
Chemical and Hazardous Material 化学品和危险物品
• The responsible person able to explain the legal requirements for waste classification, handling, labeling, storage, transportation, disposition and how they are implemented at the site.
• The facility has a valid business permit to engage in the collection, storage, use and disposal of hazardous wastes.
• The chemicals used at the facility are legally permitted under local law requirements.
• Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are complete and available.
• Chemicals are properly stored, grounded and disposed of as per instruction.
• Hazardous wastes are properly stored, grounded and disposed of as per instruction.
• Containers are stored properly or secondary containment is used to avoid leakages.
• Hazardous chemicals or substances are labeled properly.
• Personal protective equipment (PPE), such as skin protectors, safety glasses, face shields, respirators, eye protection, hand protection, etc, as required to control exposure to chemical and hazardous materials, is provided to the employees for free.
• The facility monitors the employees to ensure the personal protective equipment (PPE) for control of exposure to chemical and hazardous materials is used correctly.
• The facility has relevant washing amenities and protocols in case of contamination.
• Employees who work with chemicals or hazardous wastes have been trained on the hazards of the materials and the precautions needed to protect their health and safety.
• Complete training documentation is maintained for employees who work with chemicals or hazardous wastes.
• The facility has a documented emergency plan in place and conduct regular emergency drills for all employees who work with chemicals or hazardous wastes.
Dormitory and Canteen 宿舍和餐厅
• The dormitory is in overall clean and tidy condition.
• There is no residence housed in the production building without proper approval.
• Spacious and adequate living space per resident in the dormitory.
• Dormitories are clean and well maintained, with adequate temperature and lighting.
• Fire escapes are sufficient and available for the dormitory.
• Sufficient exit signs are posted in the dormitory.
• Evacuation plans are posted throughout the dormitory.
• Emergency lighting is provided and sufficient in the dormitory.
• Fire service installations such as fire alarms, smoke detection system and fire sprinkler system are properly installed in the dormitory.
• Fire firefighting equipments such as fire extinguisher, fire hose reels, fire hydrants are adequate for the nature of operations.
• Sufficient number of fire extinguishers, valid and correct type is placed in the dormitory.
• Employees are provided with clean washing and toilet facilities and access to potable water in the dormitory.
• Kitchens and dining area are clean and well maintained.
• There is sufficient seating for employees in the canteen/dining hall area.
• A valid health check for the cook and a valid hygiene certificate for the kitchen are maintained.